The PTA at Mount Vernon Community School supports the students, teachers and parents and helps create a vibrant and enriching place to learn.
What we do
- Class field trips
- Plan in-school enrichment programs (like Mister G!)
- Provide grants to teachers for in class supplies
- Provide funds for the school to purchase items such as smartboards, ipads, laptop computers, art supplies and music instruments
- Reading and book-give-away programs
- After school clubs
- Scholarships to participate in after school clubs
- Teacher appreciation activities
- Organize in-school volunteers
- Helping Hands Fund
- Support health and wellness programs
Who we are
- Executive Committee: Elected officers and MVCS Principal. Suggests vision/goals for the school year.
- Executive Board: The Executive Committee plus the past president, teacher representative and committee chairs. Creates committees and develops and carries out goals and PTA activities for the year.
- General Membership: Volunteer force that carries out PTA activities. Elects officers and votes on committees, changes in budget over $300 in a specific area, proposed budget for following year (in June) and other items as needed.