The PTA at Mount Vernon Community School supports the students, teachers and parents and helps create a vibrant and enriching place to learn. Active and involved parents are essential to our success — together we can have a positive impact on all children who attend MVCS.
Join Us Today!
Thanks to our summer volunteers the MVCS gardens are looking good! But, we still have another month of summer and we need volunteers every few days to come and water.
Here’s how to sign up:
1. Go to VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/avprkq
2. Enter your email address (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Choose your spots — VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Amanda Ruff to sign you up manually.
If you have questions about watering the gardens, please contact Amanda Ruff. Thank you!
The draft minutes for the June 10, 2014, meeting are available. Highlights include:
- PTA officer elections
- Playground updates
- End of school events and celebrations
The next PTA meeting is September 16, 2014, in the auditorium. The 2014-2015 school year’s ice cream social will be held September 5, 2014.
The draft minutes for the May 20, 2014, meeting are available. Highlights include:
- Budget, PTA officer elections and upcoming events
- Staffing updates and SOL testing
- Uniforms and school supplies for 2014-2015 school year
The next PTA meeting is June 10, 2014, in the auditorium.
Our VIBRANT (100% in-color!) yearbooks will be available to purchase beginning this Friday, May 30, 2014!
You will be able to purchase before or after school Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, 7:30-8:10am and 2:20-3:00pm. Yearbooks are $15. Make checks payable to MVCS PTA.
We still need volunteers to help sell the yearbooks. Please sign up today!
Please check you child’s Thursday folder for a sales brochure from SchoolKidz, Inc. The PTA has partnered with SchoolKidz to offer a convenient service that will enable you to order school supplies for the 2014-2015 school year and have them delivered to school this fall. Please note the order deadlines — June 6 for hard copy orders and June 13 for online orders.
SchoolKidz, Inc. offers brand name items, such as Crayola®, Fiskars® and Elmer’s® and Staples. Each sales flyer has been customized with the list of supplies chosen by our MVCS teachers.
We hope this program will save you time, making “back-to-school” less hectic and more enjoyable for both students and parents. After some comparison shopping, we feel the pricing is reasonable and there are no extra shipping costs and no tax. Of course, this program is optional, so if you do not wish to participate, you can purchase supplies on your own.
There are two ways to order: Submit a hard copy form or order online.
Hard Copy Orders: Forms and payment are due June 6, 2014.
- Completely fill out the order form on the back of the brochure in your child’s folder – one for each child.
- Detach and return the completed order form along with a check made payable to MVCS PTA. Keep the front page of the order form for your records. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH.
- Return your order form to your child’s teacher or the main office
- Orders and payment are due no later than June 6th, 2014.
- Pick up will be in the classroom on the first day of school. Please make note of the date and time for your records.
Online Orders: Online ordering is available May 22, 2014 – June 13, 2014.
- Go to www.shopttkits.com and enter account number: 93874
- Choose the appropriate grade level kit based on the 2014-2015 school year.
- Enter your child’s first and last name
- Add to cart; confirm your order and checkout. IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED TO SIGN IN OR CREATE AN ACCOUNT WHEN CHECKING OUT. YOU MAY CHECKOUT WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT BY ENTERING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ONLY.
There will be a Homemade Pizza Company fundraiser for MVCS PTA on Wednesday, May 14, 2014!
Order ahead of time for pickup on the 14th at the Del Ray store using code HOMEMADEHELPS.
MVCS PTA will earn $5 for any large or deep dish pizza, $2 for every gluten-free pizza and 10% of every gift card purchased.
Order online now at http://homemadepizza.com/ and don’t forget to use the code HOMEMADEHELPS. Invite your neighbors to order too. These freeze well so order extras for those nights when you need a quick dinner.